Qatargas signs maintenance project EPC contractby Peter Ward on Feb 28, 2010
Qatargas has signed an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract with TCJV, a joint venture between Tehnip and Chiyoda, for the maintenance of Qatargas 1.
The Plateau Maintenance Project (PMP) has been implemented to meet the need for increased feed gas rates from offshore well and to augment onshore pant processing facilities in order to handle the additional volumes.
The project will enable Qatargas to maintain its current production level of 10 million tonnes per annum of LNG.
“This project is significant for the State of Qatar as it stems from the country's strategy to achieve optimal utilisation of the country's natural resources,” HE Abdullah bin Hamad Al Attiyah, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Energy and Industry, said.
“As the global LNG market continues to expand, we will continue pursuing our current expansion plans of LNG projects to raise the annual production capacity to 77 million tonnes by the end of 2010 reinforcing our position as the world's largest exporter of LNG," he added.
- Kuwait Energy starts Basra concession production
- ConocoPhillips may announce Shah decision soon
- Nabucco launches pre-qualification process
- First LNG cargo from Qatargas train 6 by November
- Rumaila production to increase 10% by year's end
- Sonatrach announces two new hydrocarbons findings
- Qatargas signs maintenance project EPC contract