Home / ABB appoints first chief digital officer
ABB appoints first chief digital officerby Slavka Atanasova on Sep 5, 2016
ABB has appointed Guido Jouret, former head of technical operations at Nokia Technologies, as its first chief digital officer.
The appointment, which comes into effect on October 1, will see Jouret lead the development of ABB’s digital technologies in different markets globally.
Jouret, both a US and Belgium citizen, has extensive experience in Silicon Valley. He served for 20 years at Cisco after obtaining a PhD in Computer Science.
His most recent role at Cisco was as general manager of the Internet of Things division, which aims to connect billions of devices to the internet across a wide range of industries.
Prior to that, he was chief technology officer and general manager of Cisco’s Emerging Technologies Group, a unit responsible for incubating new businesses.
Under his leadership, the team created nine new start-ups, including those, which became Cisco’s TelePresence and Internet of Things groups.
Jouret left Cisco in 2014 to join Envision Energy, where he led the software products business, including a platform for the emerging energy internet.
Jouret has been chief technical officer at Nokia Technologies since April 2015, and recently drove a major acquisition in the digital health sector.
“Guido Jouret is a proven leader in the digital revolution, with a solid track record in creating and growing new businesses as well as in the digital transformation of mature businesses,” said CEO Ulrich Spiesshofer.
“His global digitalisation experience spans across companies in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure.”
Jouret will work from ABB’s Silicon Valley and Zurich offices.
He has a PhD in Computer Science from the Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine in the UK, and a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in the US.
- Muntajat expands polyethylene portfolio in Europe
- Special Report: Modelling pipeline hydraulics
- Aramco, Pertamina in JV development agreement
- Muntajat, Total sign marketing agreement
- RasGas CEO promotes LNG for clean energy in India
- ENOC, CERT sign process technology training pact
- Sadara, Rufayah Chemicals Company sign partnership
- Refining capacity rise to exceed demand: McKinsey
- Innovations to drive chemical industry growth
- Sadara fosters robust regional downstream industry