Home / Iran's oil and gas exports reach 2.7mn bpd in July
Iran's oil and gas exports reach 2.7mn bpd in Julyby Indrajit Sen on Aug 18, 2016
Iran's crude oil exports in July were more than 2.1mn barrels per day, the Oil Ministry's news agency Shana cited a senior Iranian oil official as saying on Wednesday.
Director of the International Affairs Department at National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) Mohsen Ghamsari told Shana that the total amount of crude and gas condensate exports by Iran reached 2.740mn bpd in July.
He said 600,000 bpd out of that figure were condensate exports.
"Exports of crude are now at a good level but ... have not yet touched that of the pre-sanction level," he said, adding that Iran used to export 2.350mn barrels of crude per day before international sanctions were imposed.
Ghamsari did not give a figure for Iran's oil exports in June but a source with knowledge of the country's crude lifting plans had told Reuters that exports that month were about 2.31mn bpd.
- Comment: Apt time for new strategies
- Comment: Strategy for success
- Iran hopes to match Qatar's gas production soon
- Iran paves the way for fresh investment
- Saudi and Russia sign oil pact, could limit output
- Wintershall says it inked MoU with Iran in April
- Western IOCs seek to study Iran's Caspian reserves
- Iran to invest $645mn to boost oil recovery rate
- Iran's oil and gas exports reach 2.7mn bpd in July
- Iran hopes to sign $25bn oil deals within 2 years