Home / Video: Deadly Fire at Aramco Compound
Video: Deadly Fire at Aramco Compoundby Slavka Atanasova on Sep 1, 2015
Ten people were killed and hundreds more injured in a fire that broke out at a Saudi Aramco residential compound in Al Khobar at 05:45am on Sunday.
The incident took place in the basement of the Radium residential compound leased by Aramco for its expat employees.The oil company issued an official statement confirming ten casualties and putting the number of people with injuries at 83. However, The Civil Defense said in a statement on Sunday that the fire left 259 injured from 219 reported earlier, news agency Reuters reports.
The agency also said that 179 of Aramco's employees have been discharged from hospital, while 80 people from various nationalities stayed for treatment. Three Canadians, a Pakistani and a Nigerian are among those who died in the incident, Canadian news channel CBC reported quoting a Saudi official. Below is an amateur footage taken at the time of the fire.
- Aramco operating 220 rigs: Energy minister
- Aramco to invest $4bn to boost gas production
- Aramco to build oil, gas capacity to meet demand
- Aramco launches Saudi Arabia's first wind turbine
- Oil to dominate over renewables, says Aramco CEO
- Aramco extends GES+ contract with SNC-Lavalin
- Wood Group wins multi-million dollar Aramco deal
- Aramco explores Feb output cuts of 3% to 7%
- Aramco grants EPC contracts to L&T Hydrocarbon
- Saudi Aramco, SASO sign cooperation deal