Home / Video: world's most powerful wind connector
Video: world's most powerful wind connectoron Jul 29, 2015
DolWin alpha offshore converter station sets new world record for power capacity and voltage level, says ABB.
The 320 kilovolts Dolwin alpha converter station has an 800 megawatt power transmission capacity making it the world's most powerful installation of its kind.
In a three-day operation, the 9,300 metric tonne platform (topside) including the converter station was transported offshore by barge around 75 km off the German coast.
It was then lifted by the world's largest crane vessel, Thialf, and positioned on top of the already installed jacket.
ABB was awarded the turnkey responsibility for system engineering, design, supply and installation of the offshore wind connection by TenneT, a leading European transmission system operator.
- ABB delivers E-House to UAE offshore oilfield
- Cover Story: Propelling Digitisation
- ABB sells cables business to NKT cables for $934mn
- ABB appoints first chief digital officer
- ABB bags five year equipment deal from Shell
- ABB wins $100mn contract in Iraqi Kurdistan
- ABB bags $18mn contract from NPCC
- ABB introduces new process analyser
- ABB restructures divisions to improve performance
- Video: world's most powerful wind connector