Home / Sabic extends research ties with Swiss institute
Sabic extends research ties with Swiss instituteby Jyotsna Ravishankar on Jan 27, 2013
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) has expanded its multi-year agreement with ETH Zurich under an umbrella agreement signed in Zurich, Switzerland for multiple future projects in a wide range of areas in technology and innovation.
SABIC had entered into a research collaboration agreement with the Swiss university last year in the field of functional materials and nanotechnology. The new agreement will strengthen this research alliance and allow the two sides to enter into strategic partnerships.
The agreement will allow Sabic to develop advanced technologies into innovative solutions to meet global market needs and demands in many societal areas, said a company statement.
Ernesto Occhiello, Executive Vice President, Sabic Technology and Innovation, said that collaborative projects with well-established scientific organizations and research centers are an essential part of SABIC’s research programme.
“These initiatives enable us to draw on knowledge and expertise from across the globe and for SABIC researchers to work with world class teams of scientists in the respective joint research areas,” he said.
ETH Zurich regularly appears on the top of international university rankings. Twenty one Nobel Laureates have studied, taught or conducted research at the university, underlining the outstanding reputation of the institute.
- Muntajat expands polyethylene portfolio in Europe
- Aramco, Pertamina in JV development agreement
- Muntajat, Total sign marketing agreement
- Sadara, Rufayah Chemicals Company sign partnership
- Refining capacity rise to exceed demand: McKinsey
- Innovations to drive chemical industry growth
- Sadara fosters robust regional downstream industry
- Thyssenkrupp presents new technologies at GPCA
- Middle Eastern petrochemical industry to reshape
- Sabic signs deal for 38,000 cbm gas carrier